On June 28, the fourth session of the Jogorku Kenesh of the sixth convocation ended. The next fifth session will begin its work in September 2018.
Over the last session, the Jogorku Kenesh adopted 124 laws and 615 resolutions aimed at strengthening the legislative base, creating legislative bases for implementing economic and legal reforms, developing the economy and improving the well-being of the population. The President of the Kyrgyz Republic signed 108 laws, Parliament Speaker Dastanbek Jumabekov said at a press conference on June 29.
On June 28, MPs adopted the following bills:
In the first reading:
- On the ratification of the Agreement on Marking of Goods by Identification Means in the Eurasian Economic Union, signed on February 2, 2018 in Almaty" (initiator - Government, Resolution No. 244 of May 22, 188). More
In the second reading:
- On Making an Addition to the Tax Code of the Kyrgyz Republic" (initiator - Government, Resolution No. 624 of 09.09.15). More
- Jogorku Kenesh adopted a rule that prohibits the import, production and use of fuel that does not meet the requirements of technical regulations. The technical regulations of the Customs Union "On requirements for automobile and aviation gasoline, diesel and marine fuel, jet fuel and fuel oil" (013/2011) in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic will come into force on August 12, 2019. More
In the third reading:
- On Amending the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "On Auditing". The bill provides for an expansion of the range of services provided by audit organizations, bringing the terms contained in the law into line with international standards, setting minimum requirements for Kyrgyz citizens in an audit organization. More
- On Amendments to the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "On Public Procurement" (initiated by MP Raiymkulov and the Government, Resolution No. 170 of 17.03.17). The bill proposes changes that expand the cases when the procuring entity can purchase goods, services and works by direct contracting. More
- On the Draft Code of the Kyrgyz Republic on Non-Tax Revenues (initiator - Government, Resolution No. 793 of 07.12.17). The Draft Code proposes to create a single legislative act regulating the relations on the introduction, collection and control of non-tax revenues to the budget of the Kyrgyz Republic. More
- On the bill "On the authorized body in the sphere of combating economic crimes" which clearly defines the area of responsibility, legal status and the role of the State Service for Combating Economic Crimes (financial police). More
On June 27, the Jogorku Kenesh approved amendments to the Water Code of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Law "On Water". The bill aims to introduce the principle of payment for the use of water resources and water objects and to eliminate collisions and gaps in regulatory legal acts regulating the issues of water use payment. More