On December 25, President Sooronbay Jeenbekov signed a decree on the Committee’s establishment. President Jeenbekov will head the Committee which includes MPs, members of the Government and representatives of business associations of Kyrgyzstan.
The functions of the Committee include the analysis, monitoring and evaluation of state policy in the field of industry and entrepreneurship, as well as the development of recommendations and proposals on the following issues:
• Government policy in the development and modernization of industrial production and measures to support the development of industry and entrepreneurship;
• Optimization of state regulation of business activities;
• Increase of competitiveness and export potential of the regions;
• Monitoring of the implementation of national investment projects.
The Committee has the right to:
• Establish working groups to review topical issues within their authority with the involvement of relevant government agencies, national and international experts, representatives of development partners and academia, and the business community;
• Accept and make appropriate recommendations and proposals to the National Sustainable Development Council of the Kyrgyz Republic, government agencies, and local governments;
• Participate in the commissions and working groups on business and entrepreneurship development in the prescribed manner;
• Request and receive, in accordance with the established procedure, from state bodies, local self-government bodies, information and documents necessary to perform the functions assigned to it, with the exception of documents containing state and other secrets protected by law.
IBC hopes that the new Committee will become a good platform for the development of the country’s economy, will stimulate the development of industry and entrepreneurship and increasing the investment attractiveness of Kyrgyzstan. The business will be able to make proposals and promptly solve them on a high platform chaired by the President of the Kyrgyz Republic. The creation of such a platform was among the IBC’s proposals at the recent meeting of Sooronbay Jeenbekov with the business community.
The decree and the regulation on the committee can be found at: http://www.president.kg/ru/sobytiya/13122_prezident_sooronbay_gheenbekov_podpisal_ukaz_obobrazovanii_komiteta_porazvitiyu_promishlennosti_ipredprinimatelstva_kirgizskoy_respubliki